The HAUG.Cygnus series was developed and brought to market in 1968. It was the first completely oil-free piston compressors on the market! In the following years, many customers worldwide installed this type of compressor, in many applications: for oil-free compression of air, in power stations for high voltage switching circuits or as instrumentation air compressors for military and industrial applications.
Since 1968, HAUG.Cygnus compressors have been installed worldwide to drive ABB high power switches. These compressors became well known under the ABB and BBC designations HAGT 227077, HASH 200057, HAGT 342097, HASH 200061 and HASH 200063.
The oil-free compressors from the HAUG.Cygnus series operate completely dry, i.e. without lubrication of the cylinder and without an oil bath in the crank mechanism. This prevents any contamination of the compressed air by lubricating oil.
HAUG.Cygnus compressors are available in air-cooled versions. The modular compressor concept allows very individual and cost-effective adaptation of the compressor configuration to the customer‘s requirements. This allows development of technically, commercially and energetically optimised solutions.
HAUG.Cygnus compressors can be installed universally. They are suitable for continuous operation, intermittent operation or emergency operation with long downtimes. These dry-running compressors are very reliable and enable economic operation without idle-running costs.
- Complete oil-free and dry-running piston compressor for air compression
- Motor power from 0.37 to 2.2 kW
- Rotary speed range 1000 to 3500 RPM
- Suction pressure is atmospheric
- Final discharge pressure max. approx. 30 bar
- Modular cylinder configurations with cylinder diameter up to 75 mm
- Versions with 1 or 2 cylinders with 1- or 2-stage compression
- Maximum flow rate at atmospheric intake pressure max. approx. 12 m3/h
- Explosion-proof compressor version (conform with ATEX zone 1 or zone 2)
- Very robust and long-lasting construction
- Compact, space-saving and foundation-free installation
- Options with control unit and noise-proof cover
- Drive of switch gears with pneumatic air
- Compressed air in radar-systems on Navy ships
- Pneumatic control
- Water and energy supply
- Chemical, pharmaceutical industry
- Medical compressed air
- Foodstuffs and beverage industry, electronic industry